dimanche 31 janvier 2010

Out Of Time - The Rolling Stones & Chris Farlowe

One of my favourite songs by The Stones : Out Of Time, written by Jagger and Keith Richards, for the incredible Aftermath album (1966). It's not very well-known. It's got that soul sound that reminds me of Motown and Phil Spector, that's probably why I love it so much. I love the mean and witty lyrics too :
Une chanson méconnue des Stones, une chanson que j'adore : Out Of Time, écrite par Jagger et Richards pour le sublime album Aftermath (1966). C'est une chanson rock et soul à la fois, qui rappelle les standards de la Motown et de Phil Spector. C'est sans doute pour ça que je l'aime autant. J'aime beaucoup les paroles aussi, pleines de sel et plutôt méchantes :


You thought you were a clever girl

Giving up your social whirl
But you can't come back and be the first in line, oh no
You're obsolete my baby
My poor old-fashioned baby
I said baby, baby, baby you're out of time


Out Of Time - The Rolling Stones - 1966


Merci à ESaetre pour la mise en ligne.

Très bonne reprise de l'Anglais Chris Farlowe en 1966/ Very good cover by English singer Chris Farlowe in 1966 :


Out Of Time - Chris Farlowe - 1966


Merci à meteorito pour la mise en ligne.

Aucun commentaire: